Using a Modified Form in GP Customizations
The following illustrates how to use a modified form in customizations for GP.
Using DAG.exeThe first step is to use the Dictionary Assembly Generator (DAG.exe) to create a DLL contains the modified forms. This tool is installed with the 'VS Tools' for the version of GP that is being used.
- Copy the DAG.exe file from the VS Tools installation directory to the GP directory.
Typical VS Tool installation folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2018 VS Tools SDK
Typical GP Installation folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2018
- Create a batch file that changes directories to the GP folder and then runs the DAG.exe application. Sample batch file contents:
@rem change directory to the GP folder cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2018" @rem run the DAG utility dag.exe 0 "DYNAMICS.SET" /F /N:Dynamics /O @rem pause so the user can see the output results before the window closes @pause
- Run the batch file as an administrator.
- This will create the following files in the GP folder
Accessing the Modified Forms in C#
- Copy the generated files to a location where the can be referenced by the GP AddIn project.
- Add a reference to the DLL file to the project.
- The following illustrates how to reference the standard and modified SOP Entry form. Note that the exact namespace path may differ slightly for different versions of GP.
// Reference the standard SOP Entry form Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications.DynamicsDictionary.SopEntryForm sopEntry = Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications.Dynamics.Forms.SopEntry; // Reference the modified SOP Entry form Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications.DynamicsModifiedDictionary.SopEntryForm sopEntryModified = Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications.DynamicsModified.Forms.SopEntry;